Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Preview of things to come

If you think that the situation is out of control now, just imagine what will happen if the proposal to change the leash law passes:

From: Kathleen Gerritson
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 15:51:33 -0400

Date Wednesday October 4, 2006
Time: 8:00AM
Location: Central Park on the east drive near the Walter Scott Statue
Officer: PEP Bruce
Subject: dog (pit-bull) off the leash


This morning I saw a large pit-bull running on the path near the east drive and Walter Scott Statue. Across the street I noticed a park officer… i.e. Park Enforcement Police. I introduced myself as I pointed and stated there is a large pit-bull with no leash running on the path and asked what could be done about it. He told me nothing. I asked why he stated dogs can be off the leash until 9:00AM. I was shocked and asked anywhere? Yes anywhere in the park until 9:00 AM. His badge had the name Bruce. I asked if that was his name first or last name. He stated last name. I am Officer Bruce. I thanked him and once again asked him so I could be totally sure I understood him. Dogs can be off their leash anywhere in the park? PEP officer Bruce answered yes until 9:00AM. I have a witness that saw the unleashed pit-bull and heard my conversation with PEP officer Bruce.


Sincerely,

Kathleen Gerritson