Saturday, November 04, 2006

20 years of courtesy hours? I don't think so

Off-leash advocates, politicians, writers and bloggers have been tossing around the claim that the "courtesy hours" for dogs has been in effect (and successful) for 20 years. I defy anyone to show me proof that this claim is true. Find me a news release, parks department newsletter, internal memo, newspaper article or other form of media from 1986 that describes the "courtesy hours".

I know that the off-leash, fringe lunatics monitor this blog so here's a challenge:

Find any document from 20 years ago that mentions the "courtesy hours" and post it on NYCDogs. If possible, be honest and don't post any fraudulent documents. If nothing turns up, I will assume that you failed and, as expected, the claim is pure fiction.